Monday, July 21, 2008

Bug off!

Don't you just hate it when you're alone in a room with one pesky mosquito? That you can't swat, no matter how many times you've tried? Happened to me in the office this morning. I have five angry-looking bites right now. I need to pack bug spray tomorrow. Or make sure that someone else will be in the room with me—someone whose surface skin temperature is warmer than mine. Of course, I also hope that it's dead by the time I go back tomorrow.

Image of 3-D female mosquito model from Turbo Squid. It's for sale.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The image almost looks a little cartoonish! We get a lot in Cape Town, the little buggers! My wife often has me standing on the bed trying to kill the little shits before we go to sleep :)

Hilda said...

Craig, it's a 3-D rendering. The guys at Turbo Squid would be very happy to hear you describe it as "almost" cartoonish. ;)

Anonymous said...

even if I were in a room with 20 other people a lone mosquito will zoom in and jab me. it's been like that since i was a kid. i think it's because i'm Type AB but i'm not so sure about that.

KAkNA said...

so, you sem to have found out why do mosquitoes seem to prefer a body more than another? does it really have to do with skin temperature? I'm really interested, cause I AM the one they prefer :)