Monday, January 7, 2008

The day after

Three Kings Day (officially, it's called the Feastday of the Epiphany in the Catholic Church) also marks the last day of the Christmas season for most Filipinos. In its most shallow sense, it means that's when we take down all our Christmas decorations.

And that's what I have to start doing tonight.

  • Remove the ornaments and lights from the tree and dismantle it
  • Remove the ornaments from the wreaths on the doors and take them down
  • Remove the ornaments from the garlands on the banister and screen and take them down
  • Walk around the house and pack up all the decorations I put all over the place
  • Wrap each piece of the creche in bubble wrap and put them in their box
  • Change the runner on the buffet table
  • Wash the regular dinnerware and change the Christmas-themed one we've been using
  • Take down the capiz parol outside the house and return the security light

Obviously, this list is for my use because I might forget something otherwise. And it's going to take me the whole week since I can only do it at night when I get home from work.

No comments: