Tuesday, February 12, 2008

This ad zapped.

That bit of text started popping up in all of the websites I was viewing at work two weeks ago. At first I thought that something was wrong with my Firefox or my computer, then I saw it on a colleague's screen while she was checking her email. They weren't showing up at home though, so being who I am, I Googled the entire phrase.

Okay, so now I know that it's caused by an ad-zapping program installed on the web server. So our networking guys installed it without telling us. Fine. It actually makes web surfing faster because the pages don't need to wait for ads to load from ad servers. But does it really have to identify my Multiply header image as an ad?!!



Stupid program. I guess I just have to be thankful that it didn't touch my Blogger site.

No comments: